I'm totally bringing up this post because I'm curious to find out what's on the wishlists of all of you a year onward. And more importantly: what has been ticked off!
Ok. So let me first post mine. My very first original was finished only this week (she's not even here yet) and I'm already thinking about another one (and saving up!). I was warned...
So here's mine:
1. A portrait model of this dappled grey by George Stubbs. I absolutely adore his paintings and have always loved this one. And yes. I would even consider giving a Julip this haircut. Not sure about the mould: Thoroughbred maybe?
2. Two bunnies that look like my own two little fluffballs.
3. A sitting fox and a running fox.
4. A pair of hounds to add extra drama to the above scene.
5. And - last but not least - a pretty rider!
Last Edit: Sept 17, 2015 14:43:52 GMT by Wollepluis
Alright, my "proper" Julip wishlist, or rather my plans:
- black or bright chestnut Hunter (or both) - chestnut patchy sabino Arab Stallion - bay tobiano Family Horse - varnish appaloosa Family Horse - buckskin or perlino Thoroughbred (or both) - bay Welsh Cob (portrait model) - at least two unicorns
Decided on design, still choosing mould: - Friesian - blanket appaloosa Friesian cross
Also possibly: - leopard appaloosa Arab Stallion - sooty palomino Mustang - chestnut Mustang - seal brown Mustang - black Arab Stallion
Post by astudyinscarlet on Sept 18, 2015 14:51:59 GMT
I'm not going to list all the 'random' (i.e. non-portrait) models I'd like to get (there are loads) but I definitely want proper portrait models of the rest of the ponies I used to ride - Brandy (chestnut/red dun lookalike welsh) and Tom and Sophie (almost identical buckskin ponies, I would think they were most likely brother and sister) and I'd still like a proper Julip portrait of Molly (dark shaded bay pony) who I ordered from 'old' (Annabel era) Julip years ago but they painted her the wrong colour and I ended up selling her because she wasn't right at all. Molly would probably be on the dartmoor mould again.
Also I would love to see the return of several vintage moulds (the welsh mountain, fell, the older skinny TB, Cleveland and show pony; possibly others but those are the ones I can remember offhand) as I'd really like to have examples of them but don't want vintage ones.
I want a Fell model, but I don't think I'm ever going to get one! Also I really wanted a dressage horse because I love them and thought I didn't have one, but actually I do so I can't really justify buying a new one, lol!
Just try and excuse it as being part of the charm of Julips It was definitely a feature of Cathy Spearing's sculpting style though! The Irish Draught mould was at one time supposed to become a new HOTY mould, it's a shame it didn't (given the one that we ended up with after it!).