Post by stacey on Feb 8, 2015 18:16:08 GMT
Tickets still available for the Lake District Live 2015, 4th July 2015!
Doors open 9am, show to start 9.45am.
Venue is Storth Village Hall –There is no postcode for the village hall! The nearest is LA77LL which should lead you past the hall. I'll send attendees more specific directions nearer the date
There will be a raffle over lunch and sales, so please get involved!
Let me know if you need any help with accommodation, there are several travel lodges nearby or if you fancy a B&B there are some very close by (Including one with Hamish the Horse on site )
1) Arabs – Includes all moulds, old and new, with Arab in the name (e.g. Arab Champions, Arab Stallions, Arab Mares... any Anglo Arabs out there?)
2) Why the big ears? – Donkeys and Mules of any generation
3) Altered Moulds – Any models physically altered, this includes dropped heads, feather added etc.
4) ‘New’ horses – Family Horses, Farm Cobs, Show Cobs etc.
5) ‘New’ ponies – Dartmoors, New Forests, Pit Ponies, Donkeys etc.
6) ‘Old’ horses – This includes any ‘vintage’ versions of Connemara’s, Cob Mares etc.
7) ‘Old’ ponies – Any pony mould not currently in production
2) Chestnuts – Including flaxen and livers
3) Greys – Any shade of grey allowed, pure white through to dark iron greys and anything in between
6) Patches – Any kind of Piebald/Skewbald
7) Spots and Stripes – Any model with spots or stripes!
8) Any other colour – Blacks, roans and any you’re not sure of
1) Best Dressed Horse/Pony – This can include ridden horses or simply co-ordinated stable ware. Can be shown with/without rider/groom
2) Pairs – Find someone else in the hall who has a model that matches one of yours
3) Dogs/Cats/Doves/Foxes/etc. – Animals to be judged individually
4) Happy families – Show me your Julip families, can be mare/ foals, mare/stallion/foals, mare/stallion/foal/yearlings etc.
5) Best conga – Have you got lots of a particular mould? Colour? Pet? Any kind of conga qualifies but there must be some thread linking them!
1) Thrills and spills – Jumping scenes, racing scenes and any other exciting scene! (... bonus points may be awarded for spectacular spills)
2) Naughty Ponies! – Any scene involving a pony doing something it shouldn’t be!
3) Summer Scene – How do your Julips like to spend their summer holidays? Beach holidays, showing, hacking to name a few.
4) 4th July Celebrations – It’s American Independence Day! This scene should involve the theme of red, white and blue, American flags and anything else to do with American independence day
5) International Scene – Create a scene from another country; including but not limited to Arab scenes and American cowboys. Make this as simple or as complex as you like, maybe you fancy a scene with your Fjord in Norway or maybe you fancy the challenge of making some unusual tack?!
Reserve Supreme Champion
The Lakes are a lovely spot to have a holiday or just to enjoy the day (have I sold you on the idea yet?) with a wide range of accommodation locally – campsites, travel lodges and B&Bs.
The hall is a short walk away from a pub that serves lovely food, there’s an amazing fish and chip shop just round the corner and there’s a fair amount of parking on site. The nearest train station is Arnside, but I could arrange collection from Oxenholme.
I've only had limited interest at the moment - if you're at all interested please, please get in touch