It has actually been years ago when I first came up with the idea to start a photo show club dedicated to collectors of Julip Originals and Julip Horse of the Year models. You shouldn't ask me why I haven't gotten to actually starting up one sooner, as I have no idea why, but today was the day! Inspired by a lovely show hosted by a fellow collector over at the Julip forum I decided to finally start up the *drumrolls* 'Flock of Wool Julip Photo Show Club'!
My plan is to organise open to all and pay to enter photo shows on a regular basis, either judged by wonderful independent judges or voted for by the public. I plan on organising at least four seasonal shows, as well as an annual championship.
Right now the Flock of Wool Summer Show is open for entries! You can find more information in the group! The winners of each class will be rewarded with a lovely miniature gold embossed sash. The champion and reserve champion will be awared an additional sash and a lovely gift. The proceedings of the very first show will be gifted to the charity 'Nobele Hoeve'.
Also - I'd like to let you know that when you're not active on Facebook, you'll still be able to enter the Flock of Wool shows. I'll make sure to also create a thread at the Julip forum for each show that include the details on how to participate and show the final results.
I really hope to welcome you to the Flock of Wool Facebook-group!
Ohh no, I'm so sorry! I actually thought I'd added those details but I now see I've been a bit stupid. Here you go!
FLOCK OF WOOL SUMMER SHOW 2019 Summer is here, the sun is shining, the ponies go out: it’s time for Flock of Wool – Julip Photo Show Club’s very first show! It’ll be a pay to enter show, running over eight classes and judged by two wonderful independent judges. The proceedings of the show will go towards the ‘Nobele Hoeve’.
INFORMATION To enter simply send your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, postal address, the name(s) of your Julip(s) and the class(es) you wish to enter your photograph(s) in. All entries that have been approved and paid for will be posted by the host to the accompanying photo album.
The entrance fee to this show is £3,00 and gives you a maximum of 3 entries per class. Payments are to be made through PayPal. I'll make sure for you to receive the payment information when you send in your entries. The show is open to both old and new Julip Originals and Julip Horse of the Year models, including pets. Riders, tack, props and accessories can be of any make.
Winners of each class will be selected by our two wonderful judges and be awarded a pretty gold embossed miniature sash. The overall champion and overall reserve champion of the show will receive an additional sash and an extra mystery prize.
The show will close at midnight on September 1st 2019. The winners will be announced shortly after. Prizes are either posted by mail or can be picked up at the Julip Originals Live show in Oxford on September 21st. As the 'show office' is located in The Netherlands, the show is open to both collectors living inside and outside of the United Kingdom.
CLASSES The following classes will be run at the first edition of the Flock of Wool Summer Show:
1. Sport horses For all your light to medium Julip moulds, such as the Dressage Horse, Family Horse and Hunter.
2. Sturdy drafts For all your cobs and heavy Julip moulds, such as the Cob Stallion and Farm Cob.
3. Adorable ponies For all your Julip ponies, such as the New Forest, Welsh and Shetland.
4. Around the world For all your exotic Julip moulds, such as the Donkey, Mule, Zebra and even Unicorns!
5. Old and wise For all your discontinued Julip Moulds, such as the Jumping Pony, Fell and vintage Thoroughbred.
6. Wet noses and floppy ears For all your Julip pets, such as dogs, cats, birds and bunnies!
7. At the yard Show us what happens at an ordinary - or extraordinary - day at your Julip yard! A little storyline is always appreciated!
8. Beach combing It’s summer, so it’s time to hit the beach! Are your Julips going for a beach ride at sunset, combing the waterline or going for a canter through the dunes? Show us your scene!
CHARITY DONATIONS The proceedings of this Summer Show will be donated to the ‘Nobele Hoeve’: a small animal sanctuary in the little Dutch town of Strijbeek, that not only give a forever home to abandoned animals or animals saved from intensive livestock farming, but also works towards creating awareness on human and animal welfare, the environment and sustainability in order to reduce our ecological footprint.
So, entries can be emailed to the address above. Even if you're not on Facebook I'll however have to upload the photos to their accompanying album so make our judges' life a bit easier and have everything together. I'll make sure to write up all the results after judging and post them here too!
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2019 18:03:03 GMT by Wollepluis
I'd also like to add that the Flock of Wool Summer Show was advertised in the Model Horses Unlimited August newsletter. This also means that any placings in the show may count towards the MHU grading of your lovely Julips. Another fun reason to participate in the show!
AND THE WINNERS OF THE FLOCK OF WOOL SUMMER SHOW ARE... Two hours, a bag of crisps and a hefty discussion between the judges later (because let's be honest: it was such a competetive show!)... I present to you: the results of the very first Flock of Wool Summer Show!
But, let me first thank you all for your stunning entries and above all your lovely donations to the Nobele Hoeve! All together we made a grand total of £53,00! How amazing is that!
And now for the winners per class and of course the crowning of our champion and reserve champion... drumrolls please!
1. SPORT HORSES
1. Sascha Owned by Stacey Wright 'What a perfect sport horse! Beautiful turn out, a healthy shiny coat and a fresh and excited look in her eyes!'
2. Caramac Owned by Charlotte Jago 'Such a proud, classy and above all lovely horse!'
3. Marchwood‘s Herne the Hunter Owned by Jane Puddephatt 'Gorgeous light grey sport horse with such a curious look in his eyes!
4. LDB Dainty Destiny Owned by Linda Banks 'Elegant, a lovely colour and well done on getting those lovely socks so perfectly cleaned! We know the struggle, hehe!'
5. Coimbra Owned by Tomás Varela 'Everything we like to see in a great sport horse: lovely posture, healthy dapples and a good bloodline!'
6. Summer Solstice Owned by Cat Goodwin 'What a happy horse! Great to see such a stunning spotty in the show arena!'
2. STURDY DRAFTS
1. Farfrae Alhambra Yusuf Escobar Owned by Heather Forrest 'What an absolute stunner and what a beautiful turnout. A perfect example of a gorgeous sturdy draft!'
2. Haltwhistle Charivari Owned by Heather Forrest 'He's certainly the most gorgeously coloured horse of the show. What a stunner! Can we bring him home, hihi?'
3. Florence Owned by Charlotte Jago 'A perfect cob! And what a lovely rich colour too!'
4. Gypsy Owned by Jane Puddephatt 'Nice and sturdy vanner: that's the way we like to see them!'
5. Sam Owned by Stacey Wright 'Those dapples are everything! Such kind eyes too!'
6. LDB Bronn Owned by Linda Banks 'Who doesn't love a good Fjord? Such a rich colour and good job on those perfectly trimmed mane!'
3. ADORABLE PONIES
1. Phineas Owned by Hannah Piasecki 'What a stunning colour and what an adorable face! He certainly stole our judge's heart!'
2. LDB Sprite Owned by Linda Banks 'That white snout is the cutest! And such cheeky eyes too!'
3. Angelica Owned by Stacey Wright 'Gorgeous dapples and stunning mane. She's a true angel!'
4. Farfrae Pom Poko Owned by Heather Forrest 'His name is just the cutest! It couldn't fit him more perfectly: we love his unique colour and his sweet and droopy eyes!'
5. Perdita Owned by Charlotte Jago 'Stunning colour and lovely wavy mane! And those sweet big fluttery eyes... sigh!'
6. Chaz Owned by Jane Puddephatt 'The perfect quick and elegant sport pony any child would dream of!'
4. AROUND THE WORLD
1. Raphael Owned by Linda Banks 'Such a lovely, forgiving face and a stunning contrasty colour!'
2. Holly Owned by Stacey Wright 'She's so adorable! Lovely patches and such cute and funky mane!'
3. Black Mountain Woraug's Wizard Owned by Heather Forrest 'We love spotty ponies and love spotty mules even more!'
4. Ninsun Owned by Charlotte Jago 'What a cutie! And what pretty stunning wild markings!'
5. Joseph Owned by Stacey Wright 'His stunning big eyes won us over!'
6. Phoenix Owned by Stacey Wright 'We certainly didn't expect a unicorn to show up! He's magical!'
5. OLD AND WISE
1. Vintage Highland Owned by Stacey Wright 'How lovely to see such a gorgeous vintage Highland pony: very pretty colouring and adorable eyes!'
2. Albert Owned by Stacey Wright 'What a stunner! We love his colour. He really looks like a gentle and trusty steed!'
3. Maestoso Mara Owned by Charlotte Jago 'Classic, powerful and an absolute eye-catcher!'
4. Blackmire Druid Owned by Heather Forrest 'Such an elegant old and wise gentleman!'
5. Marchwood‘s Raffles Owned by Jane Puddephatt 'He might have some age to him, but he still has fire in his eyes!'
6. Mercury Owned by Charlotte Jago 'The 1950's, wow! How lovely it is to see him still happily prancing around! He's gorgeous!'
6. WET NOSES AND FLOPPY EARS
1. Guidedog Luath Owned by Charlotte Jago 'Whom else but Luath should be rewarded with a ribbon: he's not only incredibly cute, but also has such an important job to fulfill, which we bet he does with great pride and care!'
2. Around the muckheap Owned by Jane Puddephatt 'What a cheeky bunch of stinkers!'
3. Jim Owned by Stacey Wright 'What a cute and well-trained dog!'
4. Amy Owned by Tomás Varela 'Such stunning blue eyes! Adorable!'
5. Nelson Owned by Hannah Piasecki 'Who knew doves could be this cute? Nelson is such a sweety!'
6. White and Speckled Hen and misses Pickles Owned by Cat Goodwin 'Ohh misses Pickles! Watch out for the cheeky cat creeping upon you!'
7. AROUND THE YARD
1. LDB Bronn & Bill Owned by Linda Banks 'The story of these two brought a little tear to our eyes. So adorable!'
2. Andorema, Guinevere, Anna, Suki and Badger Owned by Charlotte Jago 'What a cute and summery scene!'
3. Casper Owned by Stacey Wright 'We bet Casper looks stunning when his clipping is done... but we don't know about his handler: those hairs will be stuck to your sweater forever!'
4. Move out the way misses Pickles! Owned by Cat Goodwin 'Haha, ohh cheeky Pickles! When will you learn?'
5. Early morning at the yard Owned by Jane Puddephatt 'Those early and quiet (but busy) mornings at the yard: we love them!'
6. Howl and Inky Spot Owned by Hannah Piasecki 'Oh cheeky Indy, just be patient!'
8. BEACH COMBING
1. Margarite, Holly and Jemima Owned by Stacey Wright 'Such an adorable scene! Those cheeky faces of the donkeys and the happy smiles of the children warm our hearts!'
2. Oi! Put those claws away! Owned by Heather Forrest 'Wow, what a scary crab! Be careful pony!'
3. Lexington Owned by Hannah Piasecki 'What a stunner: we love how his mane dance in the ocean breeze!'
4. There be giants here, I think! Owned by Heather Forrest 'Haha, ohh pony, if you only knew! So cute!'
5. Maurice and Raphael Owned by Linda Banks 'Hold on Maurice, you look a little frightened up there!'
6. Perry Owned by Hannah Piasecki 'We love watching the boats sail by in the harbour too, Perry!'
RESERVE CHAMPION Drumrolls please for the reserve champion...
Phineas Owned by Hannah Piasecki
SUPREME CHAMPION And of course drumrolls please for the supreme champion of our very first photo show...
Margarite, Holly and Jemima Owned by Stacey Wright
Congrats to all winners and to our reserve and supreme champion! I'll get in touch with all of you by email as soon as possible! Thank you once again for participating and hopefully see you again next show!
Last Edit: Sept 9, 2019 21:08:11 GMT by Wollepluis
Post by pennylanestables on Oct 10, 2019 16:30:42 GMT
Yesterday the certificates and ribbons from the show arrived in the mail!! I think Phineas looks very proud of his reserve champion sash! Thanks so much for hosting the show and for the lovely ribbons and prizes, it was so much fun!