Back in March, I visited EG for a few days. We ended up painting quite a lot of models, and somehow acquiring even more over the course of the week! Among the ponies painted were two HOTY bodies that she very generously let me steal Both have been resculpted with closed mouths, and the cob has had feathers added. I can't really remember who did the resculpting - Laura Bond maybe?
This is Ben, a Shire youngster. I painted him first and am really pleased with his colour!
He ended up with a really sweet face I did try my best to make it look Julippy, I find they look odd with very realistic paint jobs as it doesn't really fit their more stylised body shape. Christine was kind enough to hair them for me as I haven't gotten round to acquiring any mohair, and knowing me, they would hang around bald for ages....
This is Tornfalk, a North Swedish Horse. His name means Kestrel in Swedish. He is really very pretty, it's amazing how good the HOTYs can look with just a new coat of paint! I'll have to acquire some more at some point...
He has a wired dock so I can easily move his tail around which is a pretty cool feature. I tried to give him the very dark dappled bay colour typical of NSDs, not sure I succeeded but I am pleased enough with him. Of course my dapples won't ever be as good as Laura's, but I'm not super displeased about how they came out.
I can't wait to take them to Oxford Live in a few months - I really need to start making some more new tack and riders though!! Our rider Sam has taken him out for a spin by the pond and he thinks Tornfalk will make an amazing trail horse.