I had a couple of older and partly bald Julips lying around which were originally ordered or bought as portraits but just didn't quite suit somehow. They were very plain colours and had the less than amazing 'pink' chestnut hair so I thought I would have a go at customising them.
Here's how they turned out - introducing Missouri the appaloosa and Talulah the chestnut paint overo. Tami their owner just moved to the nearby village of Bryn-y-Mor from the US and brought her two Mustang mares to live at Mumbleswan Equestrian. She also brought her grey Lurcher Gracie with her, one of my spares purchases at the Live
I 'attacked' them with citadel Games Workshop paints - their 'base' range is really good , especially the ceramite white for the markings. I won't be able to bend Talulah's legs too much but that's ok.
I didn't actually mean to paint all of Missouri, I just wanted to shade her legs but then one thing led to another and she got fully painted from head to toe! It's still a little streaky in places but for my pony painting skill level (low to middling) she didn't turn out too bad. I added a bit of silvery grey over the black mane to make it a bit more exciting.
Talulah was a much simpler case of blobbing on the Ceramite white into what hopefully looks like a realistic paint pattern. I got muddled up between two reference pics so not 100% sure! I added a few different shades of chestnut in her mane and tail though as I found a huge load of mohair I don't remember buying.
I thought about trimming her mane but it just seems to suit her all flowing and girly - especially after I settled on Talulah as a name.
Last Edit: Sept 28, 2018 18:30:38 GMT by mumbleswan